I drove up to Kingman today with my
wife (Terri) to take a look at my bike. The bike seems to have come through without any mechanical issues. I spent about thirty minutes talking with the mechanic who inspected it and he said the frame is perfect. The engine, transmission, brakes, forks,shocks, tires and wheels were all in good condition.
The side bags, tour pack and crash bars are in need of repair or replacement.
There are miscellaneous nicks and dings that I can live with. The mechanic had ridden the bike and said he would feel safe riding it back to Phoenix. Terri wasn't about to let me ride it home today so I guess I will drive up early next week and haul the bike back home. I am pretty sure I will buy it back from the insurance company and repair it myself. I'll do a little searching on eBay
to see what parts are available.After we left the dealership we headed over to Mr D's for lunch. A few minutes after we ordered lunch a couple riding a Goldwing came in. I asked them if they were riding Route 66 and they said they were. I mentioned that I ride it every year with a group that left Chicago on the second Saturday in June. They asked if it was the "Mother Road Rally". I said yes and they asked if I knew a Canadian couple Cris and Flo Sanfilippo. It turns out they are friends with Cris and Flo and ride with them occasionally. Their names are Terry and Marina Christoff and they wanted me to tell Cris and Flo hello.
No comments:
Post a Comment