Tuesday, June 9, 2009

On the Road Again "The Ride to Chicago" 2

This morning I woke up to sunny skies and dry roads. I few rainstorms passed through overnight but nothing really big.



Today started in Vinita, OK


No this was not my motel last night. I hate to see these old hotels with great history deteriorate.

I thought about a hair cut but passed.



I I stopped at a section of old road and found that it had been blacktopped since we stopped last year.






I had an opportunity for a Ku-Ku burger but passed.







No Dairy KING for me !















Quapaw was ready !



4 Women on the Route 66 is just what it says, four women renovated this gas station and reopened it as a museum-diner.The tow truck was the inspiration for "Tater" in the Disney movie "Cars".













This is "Tater"









Rainbow Bridge







Devils Elbow was a treacherous curve that cost many lives.
Bridge after Devils Elbow




Stonehenge is in Rolla, Missouri not England and the next picture is proof!!




























Time for dinner but I had to check out the hotrod first !!!

























Good Night !!!


Enjoying Life on Purpose
Tony Estes
DeerSlayer

No comments: